Regarding the price control, the Government agreed to terminate the application of price stabilization measures (control over the maximum price) for dairy products for children under six years old from April 1st, 2017.
Accordingly, the Social security office of the district where the unemployment benefit is paid shall grant the document which confirms the period of unemployment insurance payment (using the form No. C15-TS) upon the end of the payout period to record the preserved payment period.
Then, if the employee wishes to keep paying social insurance and unemployment insurance premiums, he/she shall submit the aforesaid written confirmation of the unemployment insurance payment period to the Social security office in order to record the preserved payment period into the social insurance book which is used as the basis for the next period of unemployment benefit payout. The preserved unemployment insurance period shall be the payment period beginning from the last payment month before the unemployment benefit is received.
In comparison with the earlier provisions, there are new provisions provided in this Circular as follows:
- Duration for each employer to prepare and submit application for unemployment insurance is within 30 days from the date on which the labor contract takes effect (Clause 1 Article 3) instead of 30 working days from the date on which labor contract is conducted (Clause 2 Article 7 of Circular No. 32/2010/TT-BLDTBXH)
- A labor contract with duration of between 3 months and shorter than 12 months is also compulsory to have unemployment insurance, in the event that a labor contract has been signed before January 01st, 2015 but by the date, it is still effective with the remaining contract term of 3 months or longer (Clause 3 Article 3)
- The maximum payment level of unemployment insurance premiums is also changed from 2015, it is 20-month’s regional minimum salary (Article 4) instead of 20-month’s common minimum salary (Clause 2 Article 8 of Circular No. 32/2010/TT-BLDTBXH)
- The provision on limiting the maximum monthly unemployment benefit is supplemented. Accordingly, the maximum monthly unemployment benefit must not exceed 5-month regional minimum wage or does not exceed 5-month base salary (applicable to employees receiving salaries as prescribed by the State) (Point b Clause 1 Article 8)
- The provision on responsibility to notify the employment service center of labor use situation is supplemented. Accordingly, each employer shall send a notification of labor use situation within 30 days as from the establishment. With respect to enterprise established before October 1st, 2015, it must send a notification within 30 days from October 1, 2015. In addition, if an employer decreases at last 50 employees, it must promptly notify the employment service center (Article 16)
This Circular takes effect from September 15th, 2015. The policies of this Circular shall apply from January 1, 2015. To replace Circular No. 32/2010/TT-BLDTBXH dated October 25th, 2010 and Circular No. 04/2013/TT-BLDTBXH dated March 01st, 2013.
Accordingly, labor contracts with term from 03 full months or longer which are signed from January 01, 2015 are compulsory to participate in unemployment insurance, instead of exemption under earlier provisions
Particularly, labor contracts which are concluded before January 01, 2015 are only compulsory to participate in unemployment insurance if their remaining term is from 3 full months. If the term is less than 3 months, unemployment insurance participation shall be exempted (Clause 2 Article 11)
With respect to employers, they may receive financial support for training and retraining to improve occupational skills qualifications for employees if they meet all the following conditions:
- Having fully paid unemployment insurance premiums under for employees for at least full 12 consecutive months;
- Meeting difficulties due to economic recession or other force majeure causes, forcing them to undergo restructuring or change production and business technologies resulting in risk of reduction of the number of current employees of at least 30%;
- Lacking funds for organizing training and retraining to improve occupational skills qualifications for workers;
- Having a plan on training and retraining to improve occupational skills qualifications for job maintenance, approved by a competent state agency.
The maximum support level shall be 01 million/person/month but it shall not be more than 06 months (Article 4)
This Decree takes effect from May 01, 2015. The regulations provided in this Decree are implemented from January 01, 2015. To replace Decree No. 127/2008 / ND-CP dated December 12, 2008 and Decree No. 100/2012 / ND-CP dated November 21, 2012.
According to the provisions specified in Employment Law No. 38/2013/QH13, as from January 1, 2015, all laborers who work under labor contracts with term of 03 months or longer must participate in unemployment insurance, regardless of the number of employees in an enterprise
Ho Chi Minh city social insurance department has given official letter No. 4064/BHXH-THU dated February 17, 2014 requiring units employing laborers to review, make procedures for additionally adjusting unemployment insurance participants timely as from January 1, 2015. However, there remaining many enterprises failing to implement
After March 31, 2015, the social insurance agency shall review and increasing adjust unemployment insurance as from January 2015 for laborers as prescribed.
Under this new provision, all employees working under labor contracts with term of 3 months or longer must participate in unemployment insurance, regardless of the number of employees employed in an enterprise
The unemployment insurance premium rate is unchanged; employees shall pay 1% of their monthly salary, enterprises shall pay 1% of monthly salary fund of employees who are participating in unemployment insurance
Monthly salary used as the basis for payment of unemployment insurance premium is the salary used for the payment of compulsory social insurance premium, but must not exceed 20 months’ regional minimum salary
As from January 2015, the regional minimum salary shall comply with Decree No. 103/2014/ND-CP
Under Employment Law No. 38/2013/QH13, from January 1, 2015, laborers who sign the labor contract of full 3 month and longer are compulsory to participate in unemployment insurance, regardless of the number of laborers working in each enterprise. Therefore, from January 2015, those who work under the labor contract of full 3 months and longer shall concurrently participate in compulsory social insurance (SI), health insurance (HI) and unemployment insurance (UI)
The payment rate from January 1, 2015 shall be 32.5%, of which
- Enterprises shall pay 22% (including 18% paid to SI fund, 3% paid to HI fund, and 1% paid to UI fund)
- Laborers shall pay 10.5% (including 8% paid to SI fund, 1.5% paid to HI fund, and 1% paid to UI fund)
Salary used as the basis for the payment is the salary stated in the labor contract but not lower than the regional minimum salary levels. Particularly, the maximum payment rate for UI premium shall be 20 times higher than the basic salary levels or 20 times higher than regional minimum salary levels.