This List is elaborated based on the new List of Vietnam’s imports and exports issued together with Circular No. 65/2017/TT-BTC.Where 4-digit HS codes are enumerated, the regulations of this Circular shall be applied to all goods under 8-digit sub-headings pertaining to such 4-digit HS codes.
However, this List does not apply to goods of border - gate transfer business directly transported from an exporting country to an importing country not via Vietnamese border gates.
This Circular takes effect from December 20th, 2017 to the end of December 31st, 2019.
Waste shipments which have been carried procedures for temporary import, border - gate transfer before the effective date Circular shall be further re-exported, transfered through border - gate under Decree No. 69/2018/ND-CP.
Accordingly, plastic scrap imported from October 29th, 2018 must meet the above – mentioned National technical regulation.
Relating to the sampling of imported scrap, according to the General Department of Vietnam Customs’ opinions, the sampling shall be only applied when customs authorities cannot examine scrap by normal equipment; this is a form of physical inspection of goods rather than specialized inspection.
In addition, upon carrying procedures for the imported scrap, it is required to inspect and compare information about the importer, amount of goods declared on customs declaration with the information on the certificate of eligibility to import and the announcement of imported scrap shipment. If it meets the requirements, the customs clearance shall be granted immediately, otherwise it shall be subject to the handling.
- Do not grant a new certificate of conformity to environmental protection regulations for scrap import or extend such certificate of conformity with regard to the importer of scrap under an authorization contract
- Only consider whether to grant the certificate of conformity to the importer of scrap for production purpose after the demand and capacity for scrap use of such importer is proved
- Do not grant permit for import of scrap for the purpose of processing and re-sale
-Request the registration of import deposit for scrap before such scrap is imported into territorial seas and territory of Vietnam
- Impose strict regulations on environmental pollution on users of imported scrap for production purpose
- Revise the list of scrap permitted for import with the aim of not approving import of scrap that may cause environmental pollution and available scrap
- To suspend the temporary import for re-export, transit and transshipment of scrap into the territory of Vietnam
From October 1st, 2018, it is not allowed to import scrap into Vietnam through checkpoints by roads or railroads.
- To amend current regulations with the aim of making a list of scrap prohibited from being temporarily imported for re-exported, transited and transshipped.
Accordingly, the General Department of Vietnam Customs assumes that only scraps which have national technical regulations on environment are considered being granted customs clearance.
In contrast, if scraps have not yet had national technical regulations on environment, customs authorities do not have grounds to inspect, compare the conformity with national technical regulations on environment of imported scrap shipments in order to grant customs clearance.
Accordingly, with regard to scraps included in the List of scraps permissible to be imported (announced at Decision No. 73/2014/QD-TTg) without technical regulations promulgated by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, they are not eligible to be imported.
As the result, with regard to scraps without national technical regulations on environment, customs authorities do not have enough grounds to inspect, compare the conformity with national technical regulations on environment of imported scrap shipments upon carrying out customs procedures.