According to the Consular Department’s guidelines, if entrants hold vaccination certificates/Covid-19 vaccination record cards of foreign countries which have been officially introduced via diplomatic channel (the forms at the List attached to this Official letter), they may directly bring such certificates to Vietnam as the basis for applying 7-day quarantine period according to Official letter No. 6288/BYT-MT dated August 4th, 2021.
However, if entrants use vaccination certificates/Covid-19 vaccination record cards of foreign countries which have not yet been officially introduced, they are required to carry out procedures for consular legalization/certification in order to use these certificates in Vietnam.
Now, there are 10 nations from which vaccination certificates’ validity is accepted by Vietnam, including:
1. Republic of Poland: Vaccination certificate
2. The United Arab Emirates: Covid-19 vaccination record card
3. South Korea: Vaccination certificate
4. Republic of Kazakhstan: Vaccination certificate
5. Mongolia: International tourism certificate
6. Sultanate of Oman: Vaccination certificate
7. The Kingdom of Thailand: Vaccination certificate
8. Romania: Vaccination certificate
9. Japan: Vaccination certificate
10. New Zealand: Vaccination certificates (certified via email).
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 522|