According to Vietnam Social Security, now the social insurance sector has many polices to support enterprises, employees in difficulty due to the Covid-19 pandemic, such as:
- Reduction in contribution to the occupational accident and disease benefit fund from 0.5% to 0% of the salary fund as the basis for paying social insurance premiums (Resolution No. 68/NQ-CP);
- Suspension of contributions to the retirement and survivorship fund (Resolution No. 68/NQ-CP);
- Financial aid given to workers paying unemployment insurance premiums from the unemployment insurance fund (Resolution No. 03/2021/UBTVQH15, Resolution No. 116/NQ-CP);
- Reduction in contribution rate of unemployment insurance from 1% to 0% of the salary fund as the basis for paying unemployment insurance premiums (Resolution No. 03/2021/UBTVQH15, Resolution No. 116/NQ-CP);
- Provision of support for job retention training programs for employees from the unemployment insurance fund (Resolution No. 68/NQ-CP)
In addition, Vietnam Social Security is also proposing the Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs the policy on exemption from fines on late payment of social insurance premiums arisen 2020 and 2021 for enterprises affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
With regard to employees who suspend the payment for health insurance premiums and their health insurance cards are cut due to suspension of employment contracts, unpaid leave, etc. Vietnam Social Security reported to the Ministry of Health for considering providing guidelines on policy on health insurance support for these employees.
Particularly, the proposal for exemption from contributions to compulsory social insurance, health insurance to support enterprises, employees in the education sector, Vietnam Social Security assumes that it belongs to competence of the National Assembly, the Government.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 535|