This Scheme is to set out solutions for preventing illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing (referred to as “IUU fishing”) and meet these targets:
- All fishing vessels with at least 15 m in length shall be marked and installed with tracking devices;
- All fishing vessels with at least 15 m in length prior to leaving port must be inspected for adequate documents and equipment as per the law;
- All fishing vessels with at least 15 m in length must be monitored and supervised via Vessel monitoring system when working at sea and inspected, examined at port;
- All domestic fishing products upon being unloaded to fishing ports must be inspected and supervised as per the law;
- All foreign fishing products upon arrival at Vietnam’s ports must be inspected and supervised in accordance with the Agreement on Port State Measures (PSMA) of FAO-2009;
- Prevent illegal fishing activities of Vietnamese fishing vessels and fishermen in foreign waters and prevent repetition in following years;
- Prevent, minimize, and eliminate IUU warning in order to remove “Yellow card” warning of EC.
This Decision takes effect from the date of its signing.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 579|