This Circular prescribes the implementation of practices of democracy in activities of public medical establishments, including: intramural democracy, democracy towards patients, legal representatives of patients and responsibilities for implementing democracy in operations of public medical establishments.
Accordingly, with regard to medical establishments, they are required to disclose these matters in a timely and open manner:
- Regulations on rights and obligations of patients;
- Internal rules, regulations and maps of wards, departments and affiliated units;
- Medical examination and treatment processes and procedures, and other related procedures;
- Prices of medical examination and treatment services applied to patients with health insurance cards; prices of unsolicited medical examination and treatment services applied to patients without health insurance cards; relief of prices of medical examination and treatment services; implementation of health insurance benefits; health insurance coverage of medical examination and treatment costs.
- Prices of on-demand medical examination and treatment services rendered to patients; prices of other services
- Daily work schedules, on-call duty schedule of staff members; citizen reception schedules of heads of medical establishments
- Departments for reception of citizens, handling of feedbacks, petitions, complaints and denunciations of medical establishments.
- Hotline number of the Ministry of Health.
For patients, they have the right to supervise, reflect medical establishments in terms of implementation of medical examination and treatment services, morale and attitude of officials and employees, etc.
This Circular takes effect from July 1st, 2021 and replaces Decision No. 44/2007/QD-BYT dated December 12th, 2007.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 516|