Facilities that are required to carry out green house gas (GHG) inventory and subject to GHG emission mitigation regulated at Article 5, Article 6 of this Decree include:
- Facilities with annual GHG emissions of 3.000 tonnes of CO2 equivalent or more;
- Thermal power plants, industrial production facilities with total annual energy consumption of 1.000 tonnes of oil equivalent (TOE) or more;
- Cargo transport companies with total annual fuel consumption of 1.000 TOE or more;
- Commercial buildings with total energy consumption of 1.000 TOE or more;
- Solid waste handling facilities with annual operating capacity of 65.000 tonnes or more.
For the period before 2026, these facilities shall carry out the GHG emission mitigation according to their own GHG emissions mitigation plans. However, from 2026 – 2030, they have to implement GHG emissions mitigation plans according the quotas allocated by the Ministry of Natural Resource and Environment.
Regarding roadmap for reduction in consumption of ozone-depleting substances (HCFCs) and HFCs are regulated at Article 22 and Article 23 of this Decree. Notably, from January 1st, 2040, HCFCs import and export will be forbidden.
This Decree takes effect from January 7th, 2022.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 547|