This Decision promulgates the List of baseline cybersecurity requirements for consumer Internet of Things (CIoT) devices.
CIoT device refers to network-connected (and network-connectable) device that has relationships to associated services such as:
- Connected children’s toys and baby monitor
- Connected smoke detectors, door locks and window sensors;
- IoT gateways, base stations and hubs to which multiple devices connect;
- Smart cameras, TVs and speakers;
- Wearable health trackers;
- Connected home automation and alarm systems, especially their gateways and hubs;
- Connected appliances, such as washing machines and fridges;
- Smart home assistants....
This Decision takes effect from the date of its signing.