This Code provides for standard responses with which social media users need to comply in order to enable development of healthy social media in conformity to international standards and agreements.
This Code comprises:
- General code of conduct, applied to all groups (Article 3)
- Code of conduct for organizations and individuals (Article 4)
- Code of conduct for officials, public employees and workers in government agencies (Article 5)
- Code of conduct for regulatory authorities (Article 6)
- Code of conduct for social media service providers (Article 7)
Accordingly, social media users need to use real name; share information from reliable and trustworthy sources; do not incite aggression, hatred, origin discrimination, sexism, or religious discrimination; do not upload contents violating regulations and law, or information defaming, affecting legal rights and benefits of other organizations, individuals; do not distribute false information; do not advertise, operate illegal businesses, etc.
This Decision takes effect from the date of its signing.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 515|