To prevent fraudulent acts in VAT refund in relation to imports/exports, the General Department of Vietnam Customs requests Customs Departments of provinces/cities to enhance the interdisciplinary inspections (coordinating with Departments of Taxation, police, etc.) with regard to cases of goods showing these suspicious signs:
- Fictitious declaration of quantity of exports;
- Declaration of a quantity of exports greater than the quantity of goods actually exported
- Incorrect declaration of names or types of goods or declaration of extraordinarily increased customs value of certain types of high-value exports on customs declarations for exports (such as electronic parts, including: computer RAM, IC chips, main board chips, video graphics cards, memory cards, etc.);
- Use of invalid documents for completing procedures for exporting goods
- Imports of investment projects whose customs value is declared higher extraordinarily (value is 20% higher than the reference price of the like or similar goods) to increase VAT refunded.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 529|