Following Official Dispatch No. 370/TCHQ-TXNK dated January 28th, 2022 guiding determination and declaration of imported goods eligible for 2% of value-added tax (VAT) reduction, the General Department of Vietnam Customs provides some additional guidelines as follows:
- The declaration of VAT on imported goods is based on the actual imported goods compared with goods subject to VAT and VAT rates in accordance with the Law on VAT and documents guiding the implementation of the Law on VAT.
- Imported goods entitled to VAT reduction to 8% are the goods items not prescribed in the List of goods ineligible for VAT reduction (Appendix I, Appendix II, Appendix III promulgated with Decree No. 15/2022/ND-CP).
- Goods and services ineligible for VAT reduction in the list prescribed in Appendix I and Appendix III promulgated with Decree No. 15/2022/ND-CP are the exceptions specified in Resolution No. 43/2022/QH15.
- If imported goods mentioned in the list of goods and services ineligible for VAT reduction satisfy the criteria prescribed in column 8 “Tên sản phẩm” (Product Name), column 9 “Nội dung” (Content) of Appendix I and Part A of Appendix III, column 3 “Hàng hóa” (Goods) of Part B Appendix III, imported goods subject to excise tax of Appendix II promulgated with Decree No. 15/2022/ND-CP, 10% VAT shall apply.
- For goods ineligible for VAT reduction in the list prescribed in Appendix I and Appendix III promulgated with Decree No. 15/2022/ND-CP, if HS code indicates a chapter (2 digits), all the 8-digit items in that chapter shall not be entitled to VAT reduction; if HS code indicates a specific heading (4 digits) or a specific sub-heading (6 digits), all the 8-digit items in that heading shall not be entitled to VAT reduction; If HS code indicates a specific HS code (8 digits), only that 8-digit item shall not be entitled to VAT reduction.
|642/TCHQ-TXNK||Guidelines for determination of imported goods ineligible for 2% reduction in VAT|
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 562|
|GIảm 2% thuế GTGT 2022Cập nhật đến: 27-Jun-2022|