Accordingly, market surveillance units shall be the Government's force specialized in precluding, combating and handling the trading of contraband, production and sale of counterfeit goods, prohibited merchandise and commodities of unknown origin, infringement of intellectual property, commercial frauds and breach of laws on quality, measurement, food safety and protection of customers' rights
Scope of examination of market surveillance units is prescribed as follows:
i. The legal compliance of entities trading goods and commercial services in the market shall be examined. Market surveillance officers, when inspecting goods and detecting infractions, shall be entitled to examine production facilities and implement actions as per the laws on settlement of administrative infractions
ii/ Production facilities operating in sectors under the management of the Ministry of Industry and Trade shall be examined
iii/ Other entities' adherence to laws shall be examined according to the Government's authorization of market surveillance officers' examination and actions against administrative infractions
This Ordinance shall come into force as of 01 September 2016.
Environmental police is a branch of the police specialized in preventing, detecting, fighting against criminal and administrative offenses related to environment; proactively and cooperatively preventing, fighting against crimes and violations of law related to natural resources and food safety related to environment.
• Stricter regulation on foreign currency use in Vietnam: Residents and non-residents must specify the cost of all transactions, “payments, price listings, advertisings, evaluating and quotations” in VND, whereas, currently, only transactions such as payments, price listing and advertising are restricted activities.
• New provision on indirect investment accounts: Non-residents investors must open an indirect investment account in VND to conduct their investments in Vietnam, and convert all of their indirect investment amounts from foreign currency into VND via such account. Currently, indirect investors must only make the conversion in VND through authorized credit institutions.
• Capital sources for overseas investments are no longer limited and investors may use all legal capital sources at their disposal.
• A guarantee for overseas and non-resident loans is no longer limited to credit institutions, but open to economic organizations such as enterprises or cooperatives, except for export goods and deferred payment services requiring the Prime Minister’s approval.
2. Competent authorities’ responsibilities:
• Wider control of the State Bank of Vietnam (“SBV”): which will control overseas gold accounts of residents in addition to gold import/export activities under the current regulation;
• More visibility on foreign currency management: the Government and the SBV must periodically report to the National Assembly Standing Committee about the result of their management of foreign exchange.
The Amended FX Ordinance does not bring major changes to foreign exchange controls. It mainly provides clarification of terms and wording of the current rules. Nevertheless, it brings additional restrictions on foreign currency use in Vietnam and is expected to enhance commercial activities in VND.
This Ordinance takes effect on January 01, 2014 and also annul Article 38 of Ordinance on foreign exchange No. 28/2005/PL-UBTVQH11 .
Legitimate typification means state agencies' review, collection and arrangement of effective legal norms in legal documents promulgated by central state agencies other than the Constitution in order to formulate the legitimately typified Code
Consolidation of documents means bring the amending and supplementing content in document that amends and supplements a number of articles of a previous promulgated document into the amended and supplemented document in according to process, technique specified in this ordinance.
The following forces shall be equipped with guns, including Army, Police, Militia, Forest, Customs anti-smuggling and border-gate Customs, Aviation Security
Ordinance with effect from 01.01.2012
As stipulated in Paragraph 3 of Article 22 of this Ordinance, the person on duty has the right to fire on cars, boats (except those of diplomatic missions) are attacked or directly threatened the lives of persons performing or for others to force litigants to stop or train stop
Ordinance No. 10/2009/PL-UBTVQH12 - Regulations on court costs and fees of criminal and civil cases ( 27-Feb-2009) This Ordinance specifies court costs and fees payable by convicts, involved parties in criminal, civil and administrative cases; court cost and fee levels; collection and remittance principles, exemption conditions and procedures; cases not liable to payment of court cost and fee advances and court costs and fees; the obligation to pay court costs and fees; agencies competent to collect court costs and fees; handling of court cost and fee advances and court costs and fees; and settlement of complaints about court costs and fees. read more
This Ordinance applies to Vietnamese and foreign agencies, organizations and individuals related to court costs and fees. It takes effect on July 1, 2009